About The IDC provide finance for industrial development projects by promoting partnerships across industries within and outside our borders, promoting regional economic growth. The IDC provide bursaries to students who qualify for admission to a University or University of Technology or who are currently studying at a University or University of Technology.
Fields of study
Engineering: Electronic, Agricultural, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, Metallurgical and Mining.
Who Can Apply Applicants must have Grade 12 Maths and Science with a minimum of a B aggregate symbol.
• University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be considered on their Grade 12 and most recent academic results.
• If you are already studying towards a degree course for which you are applying for a bursary, you must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed.
• Applications must be for full time studies towards an academic degree at an accredited South African university or university of technology. Fields of study in which bursaries are awarded have to be directly related to industry, and will only include the following: 1* Engineering: BSc Industrial, Chemical, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mining, Metallurgy, Civil, Analytical Chemistry and Geology. (University of technology level leading to BTech)
Value The value of the bursary for full-time undergraduate/ diploma studies comprises of the following:
• Boarding: In the case of bursars residing with their parents/guardians or privately, a stipend is granted. In the case of students residing in official University/ University of Technology residences, full residence fees are paid to the relevant institution (Catering/Self catering residences).
• Tuition and registration fees: A stipend for books and stationery is granted bi-annually.
Duration Bursaries are renewable annually, subject to acceptable proof of progress from the institution.
Service Contract Bursars may be expected to remain in the employ of the Corporation for a period equal to the number of years of the awarded bursary. Such employment is subject to the normal selection procedures and salary and employment conditions of the Corporation.
19 Fredman Drive, Sandown, Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
APPLICATIONS FORMS TO BE RETURNED TO:
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) PO Box 784055 Sandton 2146
Fax no: 0862103653/3197
Tel: (011) 269-3000