ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Provincial Government of Limpopo province is offering bursary awards to applicants who they believe will be the future of the country. This bursary programme is to encourage financially disadvantaged students to realise their academic potential and ultimately enter the Engineering and other technical fields – the sectors in which skill shortage is becoming a reality in the country.
The bursary will be awarded to students in the following fields of study:
- Asset Management
- Architectural Science
- Building Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Property and Facility Management
- Quantity Surveying
The bursary will cover the following expenses: Registration fees, Tuition costs, Accommodation and Meals, Textbooks.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizen,
- Current teriary students: studying in one of the above fields, at an established South African tertiary institution (within the Limpopo province),
- Current Matric students: intending on studying one of the above fields, accepted at a tertiary institution,
- Must have passed Grade 12/ Matric Mathematics and Science or NTC 3,
- Be able to show financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Limpopo Provincial Government Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The complete application form and all supporting documents must be emailed/ hand delivered to the Limpopo Provincial Government Office – please contact them on via the details below to make further arrangements.
Please include the following supporting documents with your application form:
1) ID document (certified copy only)
2) Motivational letter (tell us about yourself and why you should be awarded this bursary)
3) Recent examination results (certified copy only)
4) Provisional admission letter from your selected tertiary institution
5) Proof of household income: parents/guardian’s payslips (copy only)
6) Affidavit from Commissioner of Oaths confirming household income
Physical Address: 43 Church Street, Polokwane, 0700
Tel: 015 284 7000/ 1
Ms Linda Kaseke: 015 284 7107/ 7156
Ms Ester Sehlapelo: 015 284 7422
The successful applicant will be required to work back the bursary on completion of studies – the work period will be equal to that of the bursary awarded.
The bursary award payment will be made directly to the university on receipt of statement.
Download the Limpopo Provincial Government Bursary Information Pack (pdf) for further details.